Ethanol (ethyl alcohol)
Ethanol commonly referred to simply as alcohol or spirits, is also called Ethyl Alcohol and drinking alcohol. It is the principal type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, produced by the fermentation of sugars by yeasts. It is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid with a strong chemical odor.
It is used as a solvent, an antiseptic, a fuel and the active fluid in modern (post-mercury) thermometers. Ethanol is an important industrial ingredient and has widespread use as a base chemical for other organic compounds. The largest single use of ethanol is as a motor fuel and fuel additive.
Ethanol is used in medical wipes and in most common antibacterial hand sanitizer gels. It kills organisms by denaturing their proteins and dissolving their lipids and is effective against most bacteria and fungi, and many viruses.
Miscible with water, ethanol is a good general purpose solvent. It is found in paints, tinctures, markers, and personal care products such as perfumes and deodorants.
supplying Ethanol since 2006
- Vast network of facilities
- Efficient private fleet with dedicated drivers servicing local regions
- Partnership with world-class suppliers offering various manufacturing sites and production processes
- Experienced sales force with broad product and market knowledge
- Custom and specialty blending
Need more information?
We’ll help you with all your concerns. Fast and Qualitatively.